We are open! If you need your computer fixed to help you stay connected to your work, school, or to make these challenging times a bit more bearable – we are here for you! With ongoing nationwide efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19, we are all required to implement social distancing and sanitation guidelines referenced in Proclamation 20-25 by Governor Jay Inslee, as well as the guidelines from the CDC.
While we are allowed to stay open to serve you, we all have a responsibility to interact in a manner that prevents the spread of COVID-19. So here is what we are doing to create a safe environment for your computer service visit:
- We have been doing service by appointment only to promote social distancing
- We have been wiping down our door handles and counter tops after every visit
- We have been implementing quick drop off and quick pick up procedures
- After service, we thoroughly wipe down and sanitize your equipment before returning it to you
- If you don’t feel comfortable coming inside, we can meet you outside to receive or return your equipment.
As we do our part to fight this common enemy (COVID19), we are implementing new measures to help protect our customers, ourselves and our service space. We have always been a customer focused and customer service oriented computer repair shop. Nothing has changed about that – except that now we also have the responsibility to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases like the coronavirus. With that in mind, if you are considering bringing your computer in for service – here are our new service guidelines:
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well and seek medical care if needed
- Please call first and schedule your appointment to help us promote social distancing
- Wipe down and sanitize your equipment before drop off
- Plan ahead – write down a brief description of the computer problem you are having and also include the necessary login info if any
- Please give us a call if you have any questions or if there is anything service related you would like to discuss. This will help us keep any contact in person to a minimum during these challenging times
We know that many of you are already taking the necessary precautions. But as we adjust and try to come to terms with the reality of COVID19, we may all need a reminder from time to time to take the necessary actions to protect each other. So we hope these guidelines serve as that reminder. By following these guidelines you help us create a clean exchange of service and also help us restore the type of confidence that we all need to revive our local economy. Thank you for your support!